I love when companies put out seasonally themed products! For example, this Island Escape baked eye shadow palette from Laura Geller is appropriate timing considering we just started Springtime (my favorite season of them all!). The other day on my journey through the ULTA website, I was simply just going to take advantage of their 21 Days of Beauty Steals and purchase some blushes that were 50% off, but then I got suckered into this pretty looking palette, solely based on the colors and package design, which is usually how it goes.
Retailing for $42.00 (with a $159 value) this palette has twelved baked eye shadows that make you think of tropical happenings.
The twelve shades include:
- Au Naturel (vanilla shimmer)
- Daybreak (glistening sunny yellow)
- Passion Fruit Pink (warm pink shimmer)
- Hot Tropics (glimmering red rose)
- Island Haze (matte pinky beige)
- Wild Hibiscus (warm hot pink shimmer)
- Paradise Purple (matte orchid)
- Deep Iris (midnight plum shimmer)
- Pebble Beach (matte grayed brown)
- Black Sands (rich black)
- Deep Waters (deep glimmering lapis)
- Jungle Green (frosty mint)
Not only am I a sucker for pretty colors and pretty packaging, but the MINUTE I saw the color Jungle Green, it was a done deal. I don’t know, I have an intense love for anything mint green, so this was technically what made me make the purchase. I know, I’m awful and have issues.
These swatches are all used with a wet brush which is the best way to used baked eye shadows. They also perform really well with a primer! My favorite row is the last one, because once again, it’s that magical jungle green that’s making me happy!
What do you think of this palette? Any colors that call your name?