I am not sure what possessed me and told me I need another hair straightener in my life, but for some reason, I went ahead and thought reviewing this one would be a good idea. Maybe it’s because I’ve never heard of the brand 6th Sense Styling Technology before and am always curious to know how a new straightener will hold up against my thick, thick mane. I have at least one trusted brand when it comes to hair straighteners, so was happy to divert from my normal choice of straighteners to give 6th Sense a chance!
A little bit about 6th Sense Styling Technology (6SST) according to them: Today’s beauty products market has grown short on innovation and long on imitation with more effort spent on cheap production and brand advertising than on building enduring quality. 6th Sense Styling Technology (6SST) is changing all that. Founded by two perfectionists with deep family roots in beauty technology, 6SST’s mission is to take superior styling to every woman so she can easily bring out the unique look that lies within her. 6SST’s FH-1 Professional Styler is not only a very high quality and reliable salon grade tool, but owning one makes you part of our family, with all the hands-on support you would expect from family. Our 60 day money back guarantee and unparalleled 4 year warranty is proof of our quality. Our customers are part of an industry secret: you can have an aesthetic, rugged, compact flat iron that can handle any hair, yet is gentle enough to leave your hair silky and smooth. We don’t focus on profit margins; we focus on hair happiness.
I had a good experience with this straightener. My notes:
- It’s very quick to heat up – and there’s an area on the styler with LED lights that lights up with different colors when it’s heated and ready to go! It took seconds and was surprised to find that it went up to temp 445 degrees! I haven’t used straighteners that went past 400 degrees before.
- The temperature of heat could be a good or a bad thing – more heat might make a better result for certain hair types, but also it’s important to remember to use a heat protection spray otherwise your hair can damaged with such a high heat.
- Automatic shut off – YES. This is always a plus for me, because I’m one of those people that will turn around on my way to work worried I didn’t shut off my hair straightener.
- The price is about the same as more known brands, so it’s not a terrible price and somewhat expected. I personally don’t mind shelling out this amount if it’s something that works good and I use often. While, I can’t say I straighten my hair a ton (because it takes hours, seriously), it’s always great to know I have a good one on hand that will get the job done.
- This does get the job done – of course for me, with it being so small it still took me a long time to straighten my hair, but I did notice I didn’t have to go over and over a piece of hair, so that’s always a good thing and helps save on time.
- Although I did not receive a mini-iron that it says it comes with on their Amazon page, I did receive the protective case great for traveling.
You can purchase this product for $115 on Amazon so if you are hoping to venture outside a known brand and are worried you won’t get your money’s worth, I believe you will.
I received this product free in exchange for an honest review; all thoughts and opinions are my own.