Today: this one is Five.
I got noticeably more emotional this time around.
Not sure why, but I’m still in shock that he’s 5, and probably will continue to be in shock, year after year.
5 Things About Truman:
- He STILL loves his letters. He could sit for hours playing with them, reciting them, telling me what sounds they make and what words begin with what.
- He loves going to school. This year was his first go at something with routines and being social with other children his age. We are working on the hurdles that have come up, but he’s doing fabulously at school and looks forward to going every single day.
- He has done fairly well with adapting to being a big brother. He loves to chase Hugh around, and sometimes, while sometimes difficult to enjoy, is overly hyper active and tends to bounce off the walls most days when he is home!
- He discovered computer games! We try to limit this as much as we can, but I’m not against screen time, especially when it’s an awesome & educational site like PBS.com!
- He is so polite and kind, which makes me so proud of who he’s becoming. *tear*
Was there a particular age that made you more emotional? I’m guessing I’m feeling more emo because he’s able to get dressed on his own, helps with pick up, has conversations with me, rides the bus, etc and basically just…growing up.